Friday, March 6, 2009

"Go Sit Big Potty"


I guess that most of you who read this know the trials associated with potty training! We have been dabbling in it for a few months. We haven't really been strict on him about it up to this point because he is the one who initiated the potty training. I have been trying to let him go with the flow. That was all fine and dandy until I realized that he was not going to ever "go poo-poo" in the "big potty" unless I made him! The first time he did actually poop in the potty he sat there for over an hour (contently I should add) and when he finally went he had to "hide" behind the shower curtain! How funny. Recently he was sick and had "diaeeah" and actually wanted to sit on the potty. That has helped out a lot and since then we have been keeping him in big boy undies during the day. When he goes in his undies he gets a little pep talk and we go from there. He has been having a pretty good time learning to use the potty and although it is sometimes challenging, it has, for the most part, been a pretty fun and comical time. At the same time, great progress is being made into the "big boy" phase of life. Oh, every time he goes he will say "Good job Sef!" He is so precious.



No comments:

Post a Comment