Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our rituals!


Everyday Seth and I sleep in until about 10. We get up, change his diaper and put him in his day clothes. He gets in his seat and takes his vitamin, eats breakfast and drinks his juice. He loves honey buns or pancakes for breakfast! We then begin watching cartoons: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Imagination Movers. Around 12:30 or so he is ready for lunch. His favorite lunch meals are: Hot dogs with cheese squares, Ham+Cheese+Miracle Whip sandwiches, probably his all time favorite thing to eat right now is Chicken Ramen Noodles (nutritious, I know). From lunch until about 5:30 P.M. the TV remains on Disney. He eventually gets tired of cartoons and wants to watch Dake n Josh (Drake and Josh), Ack and Cody (Zack and Cody) or I-Carly. On sunny warm days we love to play outside. This usually involves playing tag, taking a long walk in the field to look for moo cows or hay bales, or even having a picnic. When Daddy gets home at 5:30 we all play around the house and get wild! We usually have supper around 6:30 or so. Most nights, Nathan and Seth get together and go check on the new house and check the cows. Some nights Seth is in for a treat and he gets to ride the tractor with his Daddy or Papaw to feed the cows. Some nights he gets to go to his Nana's house while we work on the house. He loves to go play at Nana's, typically it is a fight getting him to come back home with Momma and Daddy! We put him to bed around 9:00-9:30. He will get his teeth brushed by Momma, his butt changed and night clothes by Daddy and then off to the bedroom. He will usually make me hold his hand while walking to the bedroom. When he gets into bed I pick out a story for us to read, we say his prayers (see below), I pull his musicals, give him a kiss and say I love him and then Nathan gets his kisses and we close his door. What a fun day right. I really enjoy being able to spend all day of most days with him.

Anyhow, last night we decided to read "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" It was a really cute story where these kids go through all of these different places like tall grass, mud, a dark cave and they say "We're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one, it's a beautiful day, we're not scared." Well at the climax of the story it reads "What was That?" When I read this, Seth says, I don't know Momma with excitement mixed with fear all in his voice. It was so cute. He loved the story.

Here is a preview of how his prayer goes:

Now I lay me...Down to sleep...I pray the lord...My soul to keep...If I should die...Before I wake...
I pray the lord....My soul to take...Amen
(Seth's version)
Now i ay me... down sleep... pay a ord...keep...die...ake...pay a ord...God bless momma and daddy, and sef (no wait Seth we have to finish the prayer, my soul to take)...take, God bless momma and daddy and sef. At this point he keeps saying and momma, and daddy, and sef, and Nana, and papaw, and Aunt B and will go through his whole family trying to keep Nathan and I in the room. After we have said everyone at least once he says. AMEN!

All I know is that God has blessed us with an amazing little boy and we are forever grateful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment